Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 223558 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #750 on: February 03, 2012, 11:09:08 PM »
Ok Smokey, read your fist quote of what I said......just try it....

People like you accept players leaving for money and glory it and I don't thats it in nutshell, but like I said what will be will be.....

I am loyal in personal and professional life but thats me...

I think football has lost that loyalty aspect and thats a result of the AFL and money, its a shame because most team sports are becoming lost in the almighty dollar because of this. Other than cricket and individual sports.

I won't follow AFL in a few years if it continues down this path, whats the point, years ago you could have a team poster framed up on your wall for years with the same team....These days you cant even put up a photo of the team for a week...

Loyalty.....where is it, where has it gone, money, thats where it's gone!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #751 on: February 03, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »

I think football has lost that loyalty aspect and thats a result of the AFL and money, its a shame because most team sports are becoming lost in the almighty dollar because of this. Other than cricket and individual sports.

Did you just start watching the game yesterday??  Players have chased the dollar and have been swapping clubs from  from day dot!! There are hundres of big name players who have walked out for the mighty dollar it's just hasn't been the last couple of years!
Lmao.......it was only a few months ago you were criticizing the club for not perusing a "Big Fish" during trade week and if we had of landed one you would have been hailing this new player (or dirty club defector) as a hero :wallywink

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: February 03, 2012, 11:47:40 PM »

Did you just start watching the game yesterday??  Players have chased the dollar and have been swapping clubs from  from day dot!! There are hundres of big name players who have walked out for the mighty dollar it's just hasn't been the last couple of years!
Lmao.......it was only a few months ago you were criticizing the club for not perusing a "Big Fish" during trade week and if we had of landed one you would have been hailing this new player (or dirty club defector) as a hero :wallywink

Did you??

Money is nowhere near as important back then as it was now.....why was Polly Farmer selling his Brownlow....no money, these days they are loaded, massive deals etc...so money these days takes importance more so over loyalty...do you get that???

Yep I sure did, because we usually get screwed over so I thought it was about our time to come up on top, if Lids goes we have been done over again.

It's just getting worse thats what I am saying, every year it gets worse.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #753 on: February 03, 2012, 11:55:11 PM »

Did you??

Money is nowhere near as important back then as it was now.....why was Polly Farmer selling his Brownlow....no money, these days they are loaded, massive deals etc...so money these days takes importance more so over loyalty...do you get that???

Yep I sure did, because we usually get screwed over so I thought it was about our time to come up on top, if Lids goes we have been done over again.

I honestly can't be bothered arguing with mate but it has become very clear to allot of us that you are slowly loosing the plot :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: February 04, 2012, 12:03:12 AM »

Did you??

I honestly can't be bothered arguing with mate but it has become very clear to allot of us that you are slowly loosing the plot :lol

Likewise, you have your opinion and I have mine, glad to hear you are still trying to speak for others or gain the backing you need to debate subjects because you are incapable of doing it yourself................a lot by the way not "allot".....who is losing the plot??? :wallywink

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #755 on: February 04, 2012, 07:48:34 AM »
WAT, leave Tassie alone. Spelling has never been his strength

Can someone remind me where he played during his 2 B and F's?

He played in the guts but obviously didn't do very well if he only brought home a couple of B&Fs. Not good enough. ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: February 04, 2012, 09:52:02 AM »

Yep I sure did, because we usually get screwed over so I thought it was about our time to come up on top.

Really? The last player of any note we lost was probably Ottens and then he had just had back surgery. It took him two years at geelong to recapture close to his best form.

before that you probably have to go back to stuey maxfield.

very few top players change clubs in general, in modern footy, possibly due to to the big money being spread around further than say the early eighties where it was more tempting for players to switch just for money.

As I've already said, i dont believe that deledio will leave for money as it will be hard for most clubs except the bottom ones to outbid us. IF he goes, it will be because he wants to taste some success and i dont see how anyone could begrudge him that.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #757 on: February 04, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »

Yep I sure did, because we usually get screwed over so I thought it was about our time to come up on top.

Really? The last player of any note we lost was probably Ottens and then he had just had back surgery. It took him two years at geelong to recapture close to his best form.

before that you probably have to go back to stuey maxfield.

very few top players change clubs in general, in modern footy, possibly due to to the big money being spread around further than say the early eighties where it was more tempting for players to switch just for money.

As I've already said, i dont believe that deledio will leave for money as it will be hard for most clubs except the bottom ones to outbid us. IF he goes, it will be because he wants to taste some success and i dont see how anyone could begrudge him that.

Pretty simple logic, never ceases to amaze that people still dont get we can match any club in $$$ b c of the way we have front loaded contracts and still pay minimum salary cap. If he leaves it wont be for more money, it will be bc hes had enough of playing for a perenial hack club and wants success. If we continue improving he stays.

simple as that

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #758 on: February 04, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
Comparing eras for loyalty is so silly.

These days players are full time professional athletes who rely on football to pay the bills and potentially raise a family.

Can't see a difference between this and the days when players worked 9-5?????

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: February 04, 2012, 02:37:52 PM »
Comparing eras for loyalty is so silly.

Can't see a difference between this and the days when players worked 9-5?????

Ok, thats fine, I can, like I said before get a poster of team from years ago and see how long you could keep it on your wall for, do the same now......

Really, what about when they used to drink a 6 pack and smoke Winnie reds before a game.......yep no difference at all......

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #760 on: February 07, 2012, 12:37:48 PM »
The full interview is in the other thread but here is the snippet of what Gary March said about Lids not re-signing yet ....

Tony Greenberg:  Let’s cut to the chase . . . are you concerned that Brett Deledio has put contract talks on hold?

Gary March:  Brett has been a great player for the Club in the past and we obviously want that to be the case into the future.  He was recently made a life member, is a dual Jack Dyer Medallist, and a valuable member of our leadership group.  We clearly want him to remain with the Club and I am confident that will be the case.  He wants to play finals and there isn’t one person at Tigerland who doesn’t feel the same way.  We are all working towards making that happen.

Link

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #761 on: February 08, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »
Deledio needs free agent clarity
By Kim Hagdorn
Sports News First
8 February 2012

COMPLICATIONS in finer details of AFL free agency regulations could delay any potential new contract for Richmond star Brett Deledio.

The league, AFL Player’s Association and some of the game’s top managers are attempting to complete a full understanding of free agency fine-print matters with Deledio’s case apparently especially relevant.

The veteran Tiger is out of contract at the end of the 2012 AFL season and looms as one of the biggest targets for other clubs to lure if Deledio goes onto the open market.

Deledio, 24, could wait until the end of the season to complete any negotiations with Tigers management if uncertainty on his free agency qualifications continues.

AFL football operations boss Adrian Anderson will release a full list of free agency candidates late into March, expected to be within days of the new premiership season launch.

Deledio will have played eight seasons at Richmond and under proposed rules would become what will be designated as a ‘restricted’ free agent.

A ‘restricted’ free agent will be able to switch to another club of his choice, if his original club is unable to match any new financial package on offer.

A player that has served 10 years or more at the one club will be able to move to any new outfit totally unrestricted.

St Kilda ace Brendon Goddard is out of contract at the end of 2012 after 10 seasons with the Saints and shapes as the biggest free agent on the poaching market.

Player agents and a number of league clubs are seeking a clearer clarification on whether a player in Deledio’s case will be considered an ‘unrestricted’ free agent at the completion of any contract he may sign before the end of his eighth season.

An uncertainty appears to be that if the star Tiger signs a deal before the end of this season, he will still be considered a ‘restricted’ free agent at the end of that agreement.

It is unclear that if Deledio signed a new Tigers agreement before the end of his eighth season, that when his newest contract expired he would still fall in a ‘restricted’ player category.

Logical argument calls for Deledio to be considered a totally unrestricted agent and free to move wherever he might choose at the end of a 10-year term with the Tigers, regardless of when he signs his new contract.

It is understood the classy midfielder and Tigers management could agree to a new two or even a three-year deal, if the league and AFLPA can confirm that Deledio would be a free agent and not restricted at the end of an 11-year career based at Punt Road.

Deledio is already a proven Tigers servant with 150 games as well as a two-time fairest-and-best winner from 2008-09 and was runner-up to the club’s top award last season, behind brilliant young gun Trent Cotchin.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/02/08/deledio-needs-free-agent-clarity/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #762 on: February 18, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
RICHMOND star Brett Deledio is hopeful of signing a contract extension in coming months, saying he is a Tiger at heart.

The 150-game player last night revealed his manager Anthony McConville was set to meet with the club to talk about a long-term deal.

Asked about his passion for the club, he told Fox Footy: "I love the Tigers."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-reece-conca-to-come-under-scrutiny-for-off-ball-hit/story-e6frf9jf-1226274290089

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #763 on: February 18, 2012, 04:01:09 PM »
 :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #764 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:01 PM »
RICHMOND star Brett Deledio is hopeful of signing a contract extension in coming months, saying he is a Tiger at heart.

The 150-game player last night revealed his manager Anthony McConville was set to meet with the club to talk about a long-term deal.

Asked about his passion for the club, he told Fox Footy: "I love the Tigers."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-reece-conca-to-come-under-scrutiny-for-off-ball-hit/story-e6frf9jf-1226274290089

Seriously and I will be shot to pieces here but I don't care, I would offer Deledio a 4-5 year deal.... :o.....obviously with certain clauses based around performance, injuries...etc...

We really need this guy to stay not only for the club but to encourage others to stay as well.

We stuffed up many years ago signing Gasper for that many years but he is not one 3rd of the player Deledio is.

Big player...big contract!!!!!

"Rucks: