Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 223550 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #765 on: February 18, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
RICHMOND star Brett Deledio is hopeful of signing a contract extension in coming months, saying he is a Tiger at heart.

The 150-game player last night revealed his manager Anthony McConville was set to meet with the club to talk about a long-term deal.

Asked about his passion for the club, he told Fox Footy: "I love the Tigers."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-reece-conca-to-come-under-scrutiny-for-off-ball-hit/story-e6frf9jf-1226274290089

Seriously and I will be shot to pieces here but I don't care, I would offer Deledio a 4-5 year deal.... :o.....obviously with certain clauses based around performance, injuries...etc...

We really need this guy to stay not only for the club but to encourage others to stay as well.

We stuffed up many years ago signing Gasper for that many years but he is not one 3rd of the player Deledio is.

Big player...big contract!!!!!

I've read everyones posts here WAT and yeah it is a worry but to me not a big one. I think he will sign up and yep I am sure it will be a long term deal front ended of course and he will be a Tiger for life just like Cotch Dusty Jack and any other boys who make the top grade at our club.
The media like rattling a few cages on slow news days. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #766 on: February 18, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
RICHMOND star Brett Deledio is hopeful of signing a contract extension in coming months, saying he is a Tiger at heart.

The 150-game player last night revealed his manager Anthony McConville was set to meet with the club to talk about a long-term deal.

Asked about his passion for the club, he told Fox Footy: "I love the Tigers."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-reece-conca-to-come-under-scrutiny-for-off-ball-hit/story-e6frf9jf-1226274290089

Seriously and I will be shot to pieces here but I don't care, I would offer Deledio a 4-5 year deal.... :o.....obviously with certain clauses based around performance, injuries...etc...

We really need this guy to stay not only for the club but to encourage others to stay as well.

We stuffed up many years ago signing Gasper for that many years but he is not one 3rd of the player Deledio is.

Big player...big contract!!!!!

I've read everyones posts here WAT and yeah it is a worry but to me not a big one. I think he will sign up and yep I am sure it will be a long term deal front ended of course and he will be a Tiger for life just like Cotch Dusty Jack and any other boys who make the top grade at our club.
The media like rattling a few cages on slow news days. :thumbsup

Yeah true....be great to have those 4 together for the football lives!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #767 on: February 18, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
seems genuine does Lids, not cagey like others! Confidant he will stay.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #768 on: February 23, 2012, 04:49:41 AM »
The free agency rules could end up holding up Lids re-signing until the end of this season...

Destiny to be free?
Jake Niall
The Age
February 23, 2012

ON THE eve of the 2012 season, the AFL has not finalised a key element of free agency that holds major ramifications for St Kilda's Brendon Goddard, Collingwood's Travis Cloke, Richmond's Brett Deledio and their clubs.

For Goddard, there remains a doubt about whether he is a restricted free agent - who St Kilda can retain by matching the best offer - or a completely ''unrestricted'' free agent, who can cross to the club of his choice. Others entering their 10th season could be in a similar position, with a doubt about their status and ability to move to the club of their choice.

For Cloke and Deledio, who are entering their eighth season and are therefore restricted free agents, discussions between the AFL and the AFL Players Association will determine whether they have a strong disincentive for re-signing with their clubs during the 2012 season.

The AFL's head of legal affairs, Andrew Dillon, said the rule had not been finalised and there was still a question of the qualifying rules for unrestricted free agents. ''We've got to come down one way or the other, but we're still discussing it with the players' association.''

The heart of the issue is the timing of contracts signed.

Goddard's management recently sought clarification. The initial ruling was that he was restricted, but the AFLPA believes that he should be unrestricted, according to the spirit of the rules it negotiated.

Concerned clubs also have been seeking clarification about the rules, which have to be finalised soon given that the league is scheduled to release the names of all free agents - restricted and unrestricted - on March 20.

For Collingwood and Richmond, the ruling could affect their chances of recontracting Cloke and Deledio in the course of the season. The same would apply to all clubs with a well-paid player in his eighth season who is coming out of contract.

Players who rank in the top 25 per cent for payments at their club are restricted free agents after eight seasons and can be eligible for unrestricted free agency - completely free - after completing 10 seasons. Players who are in their eighth season, but aren't in the top 25 per cent, are unrestricted.

The issue at stake is whether, to become an unrestricted free agent in his 10th season, a player must have signed his previous contract after the completion of his eighth year. Or, whether he would qualify

if he signed during his eighth season - as Goddard technically did, and as Cloke and Deledio would if they signed with their clubs during the course of the 2012 season.

If the rule went against the players' wishes, then Cloke and Deledio would have a good reason to wait until season's end before re-signing. They would not become unrestricted free agents in two years if they signed during this season, according to this strict reading of the rules. In that case, Goddard would be restricted and St Kilda could keep him by matching the best offer.

There has been no suggestion that Goddard has any interest in leaving the Saints, but he is the best example of a player in that position.

The clubs are keen for this rule to follow the AFLPA view, since it helps them to recontract players, and the AFLPA believes it benefits no one for the rule to be interpreted along those lines.

Goddard signed a three-year deal at the end of the 2009 season, in November. Technically, this counts as during his eighth season, because it was after October 31.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/destiny-to-be-free-20120222-1toc7.html#ixzz1n8MYRS9W

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #769 on: February 23, 2012, 05:42:56 AM »
Was very pleased to catch that interview with Lids the other night.

4 year deal on very good money sounds fair for a player of his ilk.

Sign Lids, sign!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: February 24, 2012, 08:28:28 PM »
So lets say he is offered more money by another club then he is with us, do we have to match the offer or can Lids turn around and say I want to stay at the Tigers and take the offer from us which is less....??

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #771 on: February 24, 2012, 09:09:42 PM »
So lets say he is offered more money by another club then he is with us, do we have to match the offer or can Lids turn around and say I want to stay at the Tigers and take the offer from us which is less....??

Why do you care? In your eyes he allready gone :wallywink

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #772 on: February 24, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »

Oh God, where did I say he was gone.... ::)......I said he had better bloody stay and he should of signed up by now if he were loyal and if he leaves its for money....so get your facts right.

Now can you answer my question or not... :help
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:15:16 PM by one-eyed »

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #773 on: February 24, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
I have no idea? But I would imagine he could stay for whatever likes? I doubt it could matter someone offered him more.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #774 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »

Oh God, where did I say he was gone.... ::)......I said he had better bloody stay and he should of signed up by now if he were loyal and if he leaves its for money....so get your facts right.

Oh God.

If we match the deal he has to stay. If we don't he can leave.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:44:39 PM by one-eyed »

dwaino

« Reply #775 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »
The more I think about it, any club with the $850-900k+ minimum needed to lure Lids wouldn't be one with a star studded line up in consistent finals.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »

Oh God, another knob, where did I say he was gone.... ::)......I said he had better bloody stay and he should of signed up by now if he were loyal and if he leaves its for money....so get your facts right.

Oh God.

READ MY QUESTION...if he wants to stay and we can only offer less money does he have to leave for the bigger package or can he stay for less, of his own accord.....get it... :wallywink
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:45:10 PM by one-eyed »

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #777 on: February 24, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »

Oh God, another knob, where did I say he was gone.... ::)......I said he had better bloody stay and he should of signed up by now if he were loyal and if he leaves its for money....so get your facts right.

Oh God.

READ MY QUESTION...if he wants to stay and we can only offer less money does he have to leave for the bigger package or can he stay for less, of his own accord.....get it... :wallywink

If he wants to stay and is happy with what we offer then it doesn't matter a wooden nickel what anyone else offers :thumbsup
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:45:58 PM by one-eyed »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #778 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »

Oh God.

It's up to him. Hence 'free agency'.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:46:36 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #779 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:52 PM »

Oh God.

If he wants to stay and is happy with what we offer then it doesn't matter a wooden nickel what anyone else offers  :thumbsup

Thank you, easy answer....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:47:16 PM by one-eyed »

"Rucks: