Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 182787 times)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 04:30:33 PM »
At least while you are bagging Lids you are giving poor Krak a break :invasion :jump :ROTFL :ROTFL

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 04:37:23 PM »
At least while you are bagging Lids you are giving poor Krak a break :invasion :jump :ROTFL :ROTFL

Tiger supporters are very good at multi-tasking. We can bag any number of players at once after just one bad loss lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 08:17:34 PM »
Benefit of the doubt for me. He is carrying an injury. First major injury to an extent where he has had to play not at 100%. Last year he was free of any such issues. I do agree that he needs to be more creative but Ill cut him some slack.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 07:34:55 PM »
I reckon we are all having a crack at Lids because of the fallout from the shocking lost to Hawthorn. Also, I reckon if you look back to when Judd was Lids age he wasn't exactly taking everyone on like he is now, or at least was before he did his hammy. Not only do you need the ability, but you need the confidence to take people on. Lid's career is only 30 odd games old, we can't be expecting too much of him otherwise we will be setting ourselves up for dissappointment.

Just my 2 cents

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 05:11:07 PM »
Judd won a Brownlow in his 3rd year so comparing Lids to Judd is unrealistic at this stage despite the similarities in build and movement (although Lids is 4kg heavier). Lids need to find what works best for himself and Richmond. He plays less in the guts than Judd does and like most of our midfielders hasn't kicked as many goals as we would like or need.

Anyway out of interest here are Judd's and Lids' first and second year stats (Source: finalsiren.com):

Judd
 (2002)  22 games, avg. 15.0 possies, 2.2 marks, 2.9 tackles, 21.12 (1.0 goals per game), 63.4 ranking points.
 (2003)  23 games, avg. 18.2 possies, 2.3 marks, 3.2 tackles, 19.15 (1.3 goals per game), 75.2 ranking points.

Lids
(2005)  22 games, avg. 15.3 possies, 3.9 marks, 1.7 tackles, 14.10 (0.6 goals per game)  61.4 ranking points
(2006)  11 games, avg, 17.2 possies, 6.6 marks, 1.7 tackles,   3.5   (0.3 goals per game), 74.7 ranking points.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 05:15:32 PM »
Hmmm! He is on track ;) :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2006, 09:22:43 PM »
Hmmm! He is on track ;) :gotigers

He certainly is Mopsy  :thumbsup. Awesome game today. The week off seems to have allowed him to get over any niggle with his knee.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2006, 10:10:48 PM »
He was very good today :clapping

letsgetiton!

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 07:52:10 AM »
He was very good today :clapping

he was and how about krak having a krak!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 09:23:07 AM »
Krak did my recruiting strategy no harm at all yesterday lol.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 08:34:57 PM »
For someone who's a great kick Lids' goalkicking has been off this year - 3 goals, 9 behinds. He kicked 14.10 last year so it's only been this year.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2006, 09:24:22 AM »
lids is playing lazy and lost

even BT said it in his call yesterday, lids just looks lost out there and i blame terry wallace at this stage for really confusing the game plan.

terry said he totall changed his game plan after the sydney thumping because he at that stage believed that the run and carry style would not work but the tempo control game plan would.

well the tempo game plan can only work sometimes and only when u have 2 massive huge strong key defenders! we dont have them

this rubbish game plan that terry has now has a ripple effect, its stuffing up the development of our young future guns, its showing up players that have no real talent/skill eg tiv, tuck, hyde,hall,rodan  etc and its totally wrecking richo, the run and carry game plan at least got the ball inside 50 quicker, meant richo had more contested ball, meant guys like krak and brown fed off the crums, but now teh game plan is up poo creek and its all because terry was too reactive after the sydney thumping

now i would rather us lose by 100 pts trying to play good footy than watching that crap i saw yesterday

that means

play paddy on a wing , play joel on a half back flank or how about putting him in the guts .

bring in mguane to playt the yr out in defence with schulz

pis.s off hall, tivendale rodan for good

play the young kids and give raines  a run or 2 in the middle , his body is alot harder now than deledio and isnt afraid to put his body on the line, unlike lids who is beginning to look too precious .

bring back patto, the worst thing we can do now is make the finals

we need a total overhaul again

here is a chance for guys like jon to play the yr out

its tiime 4 terry to play meyer in his rightful position!!!

we need a strong spine

mguane
schulz
sugar
richo
staff/patto/hughes/snake (can all rotate FF)

the time has come now, terry is 2 yrs in and we are not much better off because we are a team still full of pathetic overrated players

we must trade/delist tiv, hall, gaspar, rodan, tuck, staff, chaff, krak, roach,

we need to recruit 2-3 KP backmen, aker, gardiner and physically and metally tough players who are not afraid to get their bodies dirty and hit! its a shame polo is 15 kgs heavier as he was teh balls, but not the frame, i hope in time and 2-3 more preseasons in the gym, he can bulk up as he has what we are looking 4

terry has to stop kidding himself and thinking his master tactics will always win, because u need the cattle, and by continually praising players who dont deserve it he is just following the spud legacy

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2006, 10:50:08 AM »
I reckon it was Lids worst game yesterday.

I was worried about the defensive side to his game last year and had seen improvements this year but yesterday he allowed Gramm  in particular early too much freedom and it resulted in 3 early goals  :banghead

As I said in the GTUP award - to be a champion you need to know when to defend and and when to attack. Yesterday he needed to defend and be defensive to pressure his opponent and he didn't.

I appreciate it probably isn't a natural insticnt for the kid but I think it is definitely something he needs to work on.

As for the goal kicking - he's never been a great set shot, much better on the run - at the moment it seems to be a confidence thing. When he should have shots on the run he is looking to pass it off :-\

All part of the learning process 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2006, 07:49:51 PM »
I agree WP but I think some blame should be pointed at Terry for a poor match-up. Gram has been the Saints best rebounder all year and one of their most important players. He is now their Joel Bowden. He needed to be tagged or dragged to the goalsquare by his opponent. Unless Wallace wanted to teach Lids about sticking to a tight tag or playing out of the goalsquare which he did neither of I didn't see the point of Lids being the match-up for Gram. Polo or Hyde should have been given the job.

When he should have shots on the run he is looking to pass it off :-\

I hope that habit is not being passed on by the more senior guys. It appears to be a stupid Richmond habit  :scream.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2006, 08:52:44 PM »
When he should have shots on the run he is looking to pass it off :-\

I hope that habit is not being passed on by the more senior guys. It appears to be a stupid Richmond habit  :scream.

its the tiv virus