Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 397859 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1560 on: September 30, 2019, 05:50:26 PM »
His marks early on set the scene. He played his part. Deserves alot of credit for the way he plays.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1561 on: September 30, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
Love what this guy brought to our club. Much more than just his ability. He brought a bit of aggro which we sometimes lacked and has bought into the Richmond way 100%. Stood up when we needed him to. Wouldn’t have got to the GF without him.

Thank you Lynchy!!!  :bow :bow :bow
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1562 on: September 30, 2019, 10:35:25 PM »
Just a moment to remember all the people on here who bagged him nonstop.

And a moment to remember AT The Courageous was not one of them....:shh

Gun :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1563 on: September 30, 2019, 11:11:25 PM »
Just a moment to remember all the people on here who bagged him nonstop.

And a moment to remember AT The Courageous was not one of them....:shh

Gun :shh :shh
You were not the only one there coach...... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1564 on: October 01, 2019, 09:20:03 AM »
Without Lynch in the early part of the season. playing without any preseason, playing unfit we don't make the top 4

Without Lynch taking those big marks and kicking the goals against Geelong we don't make the Grand Final

Without Lynch leading Haynes away and allowing Jack to play on the not quite fit Davis and kick five goals.....nah we would have won anyway  ;D

Perfect summation

Perfect  :thumbsup

Yes exactly. Just as Jack said last night, he + Lynch + Dusty essentially do whatever they want/need to do. If someone is on fire the rest of them just clear the area. Lynch has bought in 100% and does what's required of him quarter by quarter. Love his mongrel too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1565 on: October 02, 2019, 03:10:42 AM »
Lynch credited Rance and Riewoldt with assisting him in his early months at Richmond when he was troubled by a knee injury, and can’t wait to play more game time with both of them next year. He played only the one game with Rance this year, and had to make do for a part of the season without Riewoldt during his injury issues.

“He is not a bad player, is he?” Lynch said of Rance, who will be right to play in round 1 next year.

“I would have liked to have played a bit more with (Riewoldt). Him and Alex Rance really helped me in the pre-season when I was limited (in his training). They did some one-on-one bodywork and I really learnt a lot off them.”

Lynch said he was feeling a little dusty from a few days of premiership celebrations and joked that he was happy “not to see the boys for a while”.

But he said young Tiger Liam Baker won the “best on ground” honours from the post-grand final celebrations.

“I am not great, to be honest … (but) Liam Baker was probably best on … I reckon he has been pretty good the last few days,” he said.

“He did (stop on Monday night). The boys had to take him home.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/pickett-is-no-onehit-wonder/news-story/ab0ac9cd69c6c7c510d6a5a924ac822d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Injury-free off-season has star Tiger Tom Lynch primed for a big 2020 (AAP)
« Reply #1566 on: December 10, 2019, 05:02:42 PM »
Injury-free off-season has star Tiger primed for big 2020

By Jason Phelan
AAP
Dec 10, 2019

OFF A limited preparation with a dodgy knee, Richmond star Tom Lynch played in every game, kicked 63 goals, won a flag and was awarded life membership in his first year at Punt Road.

The sky's the limit in 2020 after he avoided post-season surgery and reported for the Tigers' pre-season program ready to take part in full training.

"I'm feeling great, I've been in everything, so it's really nice to be out there this time of year instead of in the gym or swimming in the pool," Lynch said.

"Everyone wants to be out there in pre-season ... it's a lot more fun running around kicking footies than being on the grinder.

"It's good to be in this position.

"I can focus a bit more on my craft compared to this time last year when I was just battling and trying to get fit for round one.

"I want to build on last season and hopefully improve a little bit."

After the Grand Final romp over GWS, Lynch and his more senior teammates returned to training in the first week of December.

The former Gold Coast skipper is intent on building the bond with veteran tall Jack Riewoldt this summer.

The pair didn't train together much after Lynch arrived as a free agent from the Suns.

Then they only shared the forward 50 in 13 games last season as Riewoldt battled wrist and knee injuries.

"I think the more we play with each other the better we'll be," Lynch said.

"I felt like our chemistry really grew towards the end of the year and I'm looking forward to growing that again this year."

Lynch spoke to reporters after Tuesday's graduation ceremony for the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School, which is housed at the club's Punt Road headquarters.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/267618/injury-free-off-season-has-star-tiger-primed-for-big-2020

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1567 on: December 10, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »
The Tigers have won two of the past three premierships, but Lynch said there was still plenty of hunger for more success.

“To be honest we’ve well and truly moved on from the grand final,” he said.

“It seems like a long time ago now and we’re really looking forward to 2020.

“There’s still definitely massive growth.

“We’re still pretty young and we’ve also got (Alex) Rance coming back in and I’m looking forward to playing with him.

“I feel like we can improve, and every year the competition is improving so you need to improve.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/afl-tom-lynchs-warning-to-richmonds-rivals-in-2020/news-story/09efc863e872ec4b2f27d4ca9173dbd3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1568 on: January 26, 2020, 03:47:53 PM »
Richmond's No.1 forward: Tom Lynch

Coming off knee surgery and without a serious pre-season under his belt, you could have forgiven Lynch for producing a so-so debut season with the Tigers. But he showed why the club were happy to pay the big bucks to bring him to Punt Road. Lynch breathed life into things early in the season when the side experienced injury woes and provided the finishing touch when everyone was up and running. With Riewoldt fully fit alongside him, we may see the former Sun kick 70-plus.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/01/24/who-are-you-clubs-six-most-dangerous-forwards/

Yes please!  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1569 on: February 01, 2020, 03:48:46 PM »
Balme said Lynch hadn’t missed a beat over summer after barely getting to the line for round 1 last year given a PCL reconstruction.

“We always thought he was going to be pretty good but he’s been much better than last year. We had to be pretty careful with the PCL but he has had a really good pre-season so he’s better than ever.”

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1570 on: February 03, 2020, 03:32:02 AM »
Richmond’s Tom Lynch has sounded an ominous warning to the rest of the competition, revealing he’s feeling much better now, than this time 12 months ago @Stevo7AFL #7Sport

Watch Ch 7 report here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1223878799651000320

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1571 on: February 03, 2020, 07:30:37 AM »
Towards the back half of the year he was becoming unplayable for defenders.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1572 on: February 03, 2020, 12:29:26 PM »
He's going to be scary good  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1573 on: February 07, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »
Jack Riewoldt predicted his fellow forward Tom Lynch has set himself up for a big year in 2020 after his impressive first season with the club.

“I’m really excited about what Lynchy can bring to the team this year,” Riewoldt said.

“It was touch and go whether he was going to play last year. To be honest, I was pretty surprised that we did end up playing him and then (for him) to play every game and have the impact that he did, it has set himself up for the second year here at the football club and one that could be extremely exciting.

“He is a great young talent, arguably one of the best young key forwards in the competition … he could have another fantastic year this year.

“Last year we did not see him in the main group until basically the week of Round 1, he’s had an unscathed pre-season, he is looking really fit, you can see that he’s mentally fresh and ready to go and he’s super excited about what the season holds.”

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond